The Bayan H. Hassaballa Charitable Foundation has done great work since it was founded in 2009. Here are some of its major accomplishments:
- Held “Blankets for Bayan” event at Monroe Elementary School in Hinsdale, IL. Over 50 blankets were made by the students at Monroe and were then donated to Central Dupage Children’s Hospital.
- Started #TEAMBAYAN T-Shirt Campaign to support the Foundation.
- Gifted three wonderful charities with Bayan’s Birthday Gifts.
- Donated $1000 in Honor of Olivia Veldink, another child with A-T who knew Bayan and also lost her battle with the disease.
- Gifted Make-A-Wish, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, and A-T Children’s Project with Bayan’s Birthday Gifts
- Donated $1000 to CureSearch for Children’s Cancer
- Donated an adaptive wheelchair to Easter Seals of Dupage County
- Gave over $3000 to fund AT research into systemic inflammation in kids with AT
- Gave out “Bayan Birthday Gifts” to three very deserving charities
- $3000 adaptive bicycle was donated to Easter Seals of Dupage County, IL.
- $15000 Jazzy 1113 power wheelchair donated to the Shriners Hospital/The Kids Equipment Network
- $1000 Bruno wheelchair lift donated to the Shriners Hospital/The Kids Equipment Network
- A large amount of medical supplies to a free clinic on the Southwest Side of Chicago
- “Bayan’s Birthday Gifts” to four excellent charities.
- Donated $5000 in medical supplies to a free clinic on the South Side of Chicago.
- Donated a $2000 Therapy Suit to Easter Seals of Dupage County, IL.
- Donated $50 to “Joggin For The Noggin,” a race for a cure for Brain Cancer.
- Donated $855 to the AT Children’s Project