Part of the mission of the Bayan Hassaballa Foundation is to give annual gifts to various organizations which do great work on behalf of kids with AT and those with cancer. We give them at the end of the year, near Bayan’s birthday on December 30. It is with great pleasure that we announce this year’s recipients of Bayan Birthday Gifts:
1. A-T Children’s Project: This wonderful organization helps fund research into finding a cure for Ataxia-Telangiectasia, the disease from which Bayan suffered. It also helps parents and families of kids with A-T. We are always happy to gift this wonderful charity.
2. Make-A-Wish Foundation: This charity grants various wishes for kids with serious, life-threatening diseases. Bayan was the recipient of a wonderful adaptive bike from Make-A-Wish. Thus, the Bayan Hassaballa Foundation wanted to say thanks with a gift. We gave the gift to the Chicago chapter.
3. St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: The chemotherapy protocol that Bayan received was modified for kids with A-T, and it came from St. Jude Research Hospital. It is doing great work in the realm of cancer research, and we wanted to say “Thanks” with our gift.
4. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: This is great charity that helps patients and families diagnosed with lymphoma. They gave Bayan a wonderful gift box, and thus, we wanted to give back.
Today, Bayan would have been 14 years old. It is still quite painful to live each day knowing that Bayan will never come back to us. But, we hope that through the Bayan Hassaballa Foundation, we can share Bayan’s radiant light with all others in this world.
It is through the generous support of people like you that make these Birthday gifts possible. Looking ahead to 2011, we wish to expand our good work by:
1. Hosting the First Annual Birdies Fore Bayan Golf Outing.
2. Fully funding a Wish for a sick child through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, just like Bayan received when she was with us.
3. Setting up a grant to help defray the cost of genetic testing for families with kids newly diagnosed with A-T.
4. Expanding the number of “Birthday Gifts” to deserving charities.
With your help, we can do all of these things and more. Please, support the Bayan Hassaballa Foundation with your tax-deductible gift. Click on the “Donate” button on the side of the page.
From all of us here at the Bayan. H. Hassaballa Charitable Foundation, we wish you a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.